That Girl Dre is an Indie Pop-Rock band based in Austin, Texas. Frontwoman Dre Mazzenga crafts infectious pop melodies over soulful rock, bringing to mind influences Heart and Grace Potter.
That Girl Dre's dynamic live shows have generated press buzz:
- “Smoky vocals” (austin360.com)
- "Fiery and energetic...top 3 musicians to see" (OnVinylMusic.com)
- "Top Unsigned Artist 2015" awarded by The Recording Conservatory of Austin
- “Soulful pop powerhouse” (tourworthy.com)
- "Striking and sophisticated new talent….sings with a refreshing amount of polish and promise” (writeonmusic.com)
- "A breath of fresh air here in Austin. One can’t help but sing along”
- "Inspires stylistic comparisons to Duffy, Joss Stone and the late Amy Winehouse. Do Me Right brings together soul and pop-rock in a way that recalls [Dusty] Springfield and [Janis] Joplin.... In terms of melody Do Me Right’s retro blend of pop-rock and 1960s-minded soul would not have been out of place on one of Winehouse’s albums.”
(Alex Henderson Independent review; Alex has contributed to Billboard and Spin Magazine)
Offstage Dre is an avid collector of vintage vinyl records, with a special affection for soul, funk, R&B and classic rock LPs. She features albums from her personal collection on the weekly #VinylHoller Instagram Series.